Sunday, August 24, 2008

Artist's Palate

I love looking at the pictures of packed meals at the Vegan Lunch Box--but because I am homeschooled, I usually don't have to pack my lunch. Today, to celebrate my first day of homeschool, I packed a picnic for myself.

I decided to pack the fixings for Faces, one of my favorite lunches. In addition to my bamboo spreader and a cloth napkin, I took rice cakes, peanut butter, raisins, dried coconut, two blackberries, a few cherry tomatoes, some sweet red pepper slices, and a few green beans. I also packed two tiny "donut" peaches that we found at the farmer's market.



I unpacked my picnic in the backyard and started spreading primer on my canvas.



Here are the portraits I made today:



And here is the sculpture:




Yummy!



* * *

I also like to make faces with hummos instead of peanut butter. Bean sprouts, carrots, olive slices, cucumbers, and brocolli pieces make great decorations.

Sometimes I make monsters with long teeth, aliens with antennae, and animals with whiskers.

17 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried one of your 'faces' and enjoyed it thoroughly!

Will you pack a lunch for me?

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure. How about the day after tomorrow?

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Congrats on the win @ Vegan Lunchbox! :)

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Beth Lemon said...

Congratulations on winning the contest! Great blog.

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Ilene said...

Congratulations! - you really deserved your win at Veganlunchbox! What a lovely lunch. Keep up the good work on your blog -- it's nice to give your family and friends something good to read.

 
At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome lunch - congratulations on your win at the Vegan Lunch Box! :)

 
At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for winning the contest. You meal looks funny and healthy. My daughter (6) also does happy food faces for us to eat. Greetings from germany.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Lisa -- Cravin' Veggies said...

Wow! What a great, healthy lunch!! Congratulations on winning the contest... I hope you enjoy the book!!!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Ashley Breanne McMullen said...

You are brilliant!
I think I will quite enjoy reading your blog :]

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Wonderful!
Janet

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Happy first day of (home)school!

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

Congrats on your win! I hope that one day when my homeschooled son is older he'll want to blog like mom does!!

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic lunch! Congratulations! Your blog is awesome!

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Lenora said...

Congratulations! My kids will love to try out their own artisic designs with your inspiring pictures and ideas. Thanks for sharing and congrats on winning the contest! :D

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger CanCan said...

I bet my son would like to eat a face for lunch, too! He is only 4. Thanks for the inspiration!

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Great lunch! My daughter brings her lunch to pre-school she loves this! It is not always easy to get her to eat lunch, but this has made it fun for her. Also, she is not allowed to bring peanut butter to school but she loves the faces with sunflower seed butter! Congratulations on winning the vegan lunchbox contest!

 
At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulation, Abraham!
Nice going!
I was always told not to play with my food, but I would love to have this for lunch. Your creativity was amazing!

Cheers, Chely

 

Post a Comment

<< Home